The Detroit ZooThe Detroit Zoo was the first U.S. zoo with cageless exhibits. The zoo has over 1,200 animals from 400 different species. The zoo offers both indoor and outdoor animal environments.
Belle Isle Park
Belle Isle Park is the country’s largest and oldest city island park. The 1,000-acre island park features a colorful water fountain display and a Conservatory. The Belle Isle Zoo operates during the spring and summer months.
The Henry Ford
The Henry Ford offers five distinct attractions that celebrate yesterday’s traditions as well as today’s innovations and captivates and inspires visitors of all ages.
- Spread over more than 90-acres, Greenfield Village comes alive with the unforgettable sights, sounds and settings of America’s past.
- Housing one of the largest collections of its kind ever assembled, Henry Ford Museum showcases the people and ideas that have fired our imaginations and changed our lives.
- At the site where automobile manufacturing as we know it came of age — and continues to define the state-of-the-art today — the Ford Rouge Factory Tour is a firsthand journey into the genius of American manufacturing.
- Behind the scenes, the Benson Ford Research Center uses the one-of-a-kind artifacts and resources of The Henry Ford to deepen our understanding of American people, places and things.
- The Henry Ford IMAX Theater presents current releases, cinema classics and feature-length documentaries that showcase American popular culture and the American experience in superb, sense-surrounding detail.
Tours of the Auto Barons’ Homes
The Edsel and Eleanor Ford HouseThe Edsel and Eleanor Ford House is an elegant Cotswold-style home on 87 acres along Lake St. Clair. It preserves architecture and details of the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.
Edsel and Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Dr.
Grosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236
Fisher MansionLawrence P. Fisher, founder of the Fisher Body Company, created a showplace in the Fisher Mansion with a design that combines elements of Italian Renaissance and vintage Hollywood architecture.
383 Lenox Ave.
Detroit, MI 48215
Henry Ford EstateThe Henry Ford Estate was the magnificent final home of Henry Ford, automotive pioneer of the Ford Motor Company. The grounds house a self-sufficient powerhouse, underground tunnel and boathouse.
Henry Ford Estate
4901 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128
Meadow Brook Hall EstateThe Meadow Brook Hall Estate was built by Alfred and Matilda Dodge Wilson and is listed on both the Michigan and National Registry of Historic Places. The 88,000 square-foot tudor revival style mansion showcases authentic furnishings and priceless art treasures.
Meadow Brook Hall
2000 N. Squirrel Road, Oakland University
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau
Michigan Travel Bureau