What time are you leaving for Mackinac Island?
Head to the island on Tuesday to join the Early Arrivers
Arrive early, beat the lines and avoid rushing to the island.
What to expect as an Early Arriver
The 2013 Conference kicks off at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29, but Conference registration will officially open at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28.
By arriving Tuesday, you will be one of many Early Arrivers.
- Relax and enjoy Mackinac Island before the Conference starts.
- Check in at Conference registration from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Head to The Gate House from 7 to 10 p.m. for an evening of networking, raffles and Detroit Tigers baseball versus the Pittsburgh Pirates.
On Wednesday, Early Arrivers have the morning to enjoy The Grand Hotel and Mackinac Island:
- Make a tee time and golf at the Jewel.
- Schedule a spa appointment at Astor’s Salon.
- Take a spin around the island on a bicycle.
Having a hard time deciding when to leave?
Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry makes arrivals easy.
Tuesday, May 28
- Ferries run every hour, departing on the half hour.
- The last ferry departs Mackinaw City at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 29
- Ferry service begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Ferries run every 15 minutes during peak arrival times.
- To make the opening Conference session, you must be on a ferry by 12 noon.
*The approximate drive time from Detroit to Mackinaw City is five hours.