REPORTS TO: Director of Insurance Programs
POSITION TITLE: Insurance and Benefits Analyst
GROUP: Insurance and Affinity
PROGRAM TEAM: Insurance
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
Working as part of the Chamber’s insurance services team, the position will focus primarily on the management of the Chamber’s educational and consultative health insurance resources under the direction of the Director of Insurance Programs. Responsible for conducting research from varied sources and organizing and presenting information related to health insurance, especially as it relates to the Affordable Care Act, compliance, and tax and purchasing strategies for employers and individuals. Acts as the point person for handling and routing health insurance and health care reform customer inquiries.
Expected to maintain an understanding of employee benefits and individual insurance products. Will consult with customers generally regarding the design and management of health benefits programs. Serves as the communication liaison with Chamber website customers and on-line customer forums.
Works with insurance team to develop educational materials, decision tools, and best practice resources suitable for external distribution based on common inquiries. Partner with external subject matter experts to execute and present educational sessions including seminars and webinars. Advise on improvements and functionality for Chamber Insurance websites. Will occasionally be required to conduct in-person presentations and webinars as required.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Four or more years of experience in an account management or customer service role.
- Experience working with group/individual health plans.
- Excellent research, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation.
- Familiarity with website Content Management Systems and discussion board moderation preferred.
- Health insurance licensed preferred but not required.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and ability to travel throughout Southeast Michigan.
III. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (or FUNCTIONS) :
Customer Inquiry Management
- Triage, answer, and refer health customer health insurance inquiries from Chamber online discussion platform and direct questions (phone, email, chat, etc.).
Educational Resource Development
- Create health insurance educational material targeted to Chamber customers.
- Plan, develop, execute, and present customer educational seminars and webinars.
- Collaborate with external subject matter experts to develop a regular schedule of education events.
- Develop insurance purchasing strategies and best practices based on environmental and quantitative factors.
- Research and present information related to health insurance purchasing, especially new ACA regulations, compliance, tax considerations, and strategies.
- Update and manage educational website content as new guidelines, rules, and resources are released.
- Assist in the design and development of new analytical and advisory tools for Insurance websites.
- Create engagement in Insurance websites by recruiting and managing subject matter experts and moderating/monitoring on-line customer forums.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants please submit cover letter and resume (up to three pages in length including coverletter) to:
Subject Line: Insurance and Benefits Analyst
ATTN: Jennifer Stark
Human Resources Coordinator
One Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI. 48226
Fax: (866) 539-0602