- Midwest Collaboration Award (MCA09) 2009.
- Recognized by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives in 2008 with a Communications Excellence award for campaign and program efforts to “repeal the service tax,” as well as in 2007 for an education town hall meeting – Agenda for Change.
- Recognized by the Michigan Chamber of Commerce Executives in 2005 with an “Outstanding Chamber of Commerce Award.” MCCE called the Chamber “a strong and powerful business advocate in tune with issues important to regional business.” Also recognized for creating opportunities to bring together policymakers with members to promote dialogue and build relationships.
- Recognized by ACCE in 2005 for a two-year strategic funding initiative. Also received an ACCE “Ace Award” – Best in Show in 2004.
- Received a first place award by the National Alliance for Membership Development (NAMD) in 2004 for retention in the $1,000,000 dues income category.
- Named one of the top companies to work for in Southeast Michigan and a 2015 Workplace Achiever Award winner.
- Recipient in the 2007 and 2005 “Cool Places to Work” competition created by Crain’s Detroit Business, the Grand Rapids Journal, the American Society of Employers (ASE) and the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth. This competition recognizes employers who have created work environments that attract and retain quality workers.
- Recipient of the 2010 (Honorable Mention) and 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005 (Winner) “Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.” Featured as a case study on the Families and Work Institute (FWI) website through its “When Work Works” project on workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
Recognized by the business community in the Metropolitan Detroit region as one of the top 32 companies in the “2003 Best Places to Work” competition sponsored by Crain’s Detroit Business and IRI Consultants to Management.
- Awarded the “Diamond Award” by the Women in Communications for promoting and supporting women in the workplace.
- A 2006, 2005 and 2004 “Caleidescope of Culture Award (COCA)” winner in the education, nonprofit organization and human resources categories, respectively, for exemplary leadership in the area of cultural diversity and commitment to ensuring the doors of opportunity remain open to all persons regardless of race, creed, gender or sexual orientation. One of the original collaborating organizations for the “Caleidoscope of Culture” awards program. Served on the advisory planning committee.
- Recognized by the Birmingham-Bloomfield Task Force on Race Relations and Ethnic Diversity for the past 12-years due to efforts to promote and support diversity initiatives.
- Collaborated with other local organizations on an annual “Leveraging Diversity for Business Success” conference.
- Represented as a co-chair on “The Corporate Diversity Partner Network.”
Training and Development
- Professional Development Training Program recognized in a national publication, Institute of Management & Administration.
- Recognized in the 2012 Honor Roll for the Michigan’s Healthiest Employers Award competition sponsored by Priority Health, Crain’s Business Detroit and MiBiz.
- Received the Silver (2001) and Gold (2002, 2003 and 2004) Healthy Workplace Award sponsored by the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports and the Michigan Fitness Foundation. In 2004, the Chamber was a finalist for the Platinum Healthy Workplace Award.