Get Involved in Your Membership
The Detroit Regional Chamber’s success would not be possible without the support of volunteers. Members can join several different committees. Please note that some committees have certain requirements, time commitments and size limitations. Contact Lori Shiels at 313.596.0394 if you are interested in joining a committee.
- Ambassadors assist other members by introducing them to the benefits and services of membership and serve as a one-on-one contact help them get the most of their membership.
- Must be an active Chamber member for at least one year, participate in events throughout the year, and must be comfortable in social settings with new, old and potential members.
Energy & Environment Committee
- Examines environmental and energy regulation at the state and federal level. The areas we examine include: air, land and water.
- Participants meet quarterly and must be in the energy, utility, environment or regulatory fields.
Public Relations & Marketing Advisory Committee
- Advises the Chamber on providing strategic communication and opportunities for members across the 11-county region.
- Comprised of public relations, marketing, advertising, media, event planning, fundraising and graphics professionals, this group focuses on the Chamber’s benefits, events, services and public policy communication.
Talent Retention/Internships & Co-Ops
- Connect with the Chamber to hire college interns and/or co-op students and help in promoting internships throughout the region to retain more of our Michigan college graduates in the Detroit region. Visit www.InternInMichigan.com for more information.
Tax Policy Committee
- This committee analyzes legislative proposals addressing taxation and its impact on business. This committee also works to develop new policies for review by the Board of Directors and advocacy by the government relations team.
- Members of the committee are generally certified public accountants, other tax professionals or government relations professionals.