March 10, 2023
The Detroit Regional Chamber has announced the Detroit region’s ninth cohort for the Young American Leaders Program (YALP) at Harvard Business School (HBS). YALP aims to improve U.S. competitiveness and develop leaders who can execute cross-sector collaboration to build workforce skills, improve schools, restore infrastructure, and take other key actions to restore and reimagine communities.
The Detroit cohort includes:
- Fabiola Borowy, vice president of recruiting at OpTech
- Katrina DeHart, program manager at General Motors Co.
- Javier Evelyn, founder and CEO of Alerje
- Nicholas Hammer, financial adviser at Northwestern Mutual
- Sam Hussein, president and CEO of Metrotech Automotive Group
- Tina Kozak, CEO of Franco
- Gabrielle Poshadlo, communications director at Ford Motor Co./Ford Land
- Alissa Sevrioukova, chief of staff for public affairs at DTE Energy
- William Smith, chief financial officer at the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy
- Boyd White III, member of the Product and Professional Liability practice group at Dykema Gossett PLLC
“The 2023 Young American Leaders Program cohort from Detroit is a diverse, engaged group of business- and community-minded professionals representing the best of our region,” says Sandy K. Baruah, president and CEO of the Detroit Regional Chamber. “The chamber is proud to be a partner and trusted influence in selecting the auspicious individuals who will represent our region and create lasting solutions to make our communities more competitive, equitable, and prosperous.”
The 2023 program will run June 20-23 at HBS in Cambridge, Mass. The Detroit cohort will join participants from the 13 other cities in the program.
To find and recruit the 2023 YALP cohort, senior business, government, and civic leaders who represent the community’s rich diversity identified and reached out to energetic, creative, and collaborative up-and-comers with a track record of civic engagement. Additionally, past participants help to build and improve the program by providing feedback on the process and identifying potential future leaders.