Businesses Share How Their Company Stepped Up During COVID-19April 24, 2020
- ACS is assembling accessories and consumables that are included in the boxes of ventilators General Motors Co. is manufacturing. It gives our staff great pride to participate in this project with GM knowing we are helping to save lives.
- Initiated safety protocols for essential employees: We abide by all the regulations set-up for safe working conditions, which include social distancing. Before entering the building, all employees must have their temperature taken and everyone must wear hairnets, gloves, and masks. We have increased our regular cleaning schedule to include daily disinfecting of doorknobs and hard surfaces. We have also implemented rigorous cleaning measures, such as washing walls and making rooms as dust-free as possible, before servicing our essential clients. Employees who are more at risk with pre-existing medical conditions, elderly employees, etc., are not required to come in for any essential work. Anyone experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or thinks
they were exposed to someone with the virus are not allowed to come into the facility.
- Donated gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes to the Auburn Hills Police Department and Fire Department to help first-line responders.
- Our three plants in Queretaro, Mexico manufactured shield-type masks to donate to local hospitals.
- Converted a portion of their 15,000 square-foot Livonia manufacturing facility to produce face shields and face masks for the medical community in order to help combat the COVID-19 virus.
- The Wayne County Sheriff’s office picked up a supply of the shields Thursday morning. The company’s initial batches have already been donated to Livonia Police, University of Toledo Hospital, Detroit Metro Airport Security, and many hospitals, and nurses in the area. Marygrove is in discussions with other essential workers that may benefit from the face shields and masks.
COVID-19 Resource Website: http://www.matrixhumanservices.org/covid19/
- Launched Free Food Distribution Day alongside Gleaners Community Food Bank at The Matrix Center (13560 E. McNichols Rd., Detroit)
This mobile food bank occurs every two weeks.
Upcoming dates include: May 1, 15, 29; June 12, 26
- Launched a Community Donation Drive
Basic essentials: food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies for some of our Head Start families and clients who expressed the greatest need.
- Worked with the community to ensure that all of our senior living communities had hundreds of iPads so senior residents could connect with loved ones during this time of social isolation.
- Here is one heartfelt video one of our seniors made for her family, friends, and community in appreciation.
- All clients have received information on and answer questions about the CARES Act, the Paycheck Protection Plan, employment insurance, workers’ comp, and many other issues.
- Launched www.relyontrion.com with helpful information and resources about COVID-19 HR-related issues.
- Authored THE CRISIS COUNSELOR: A Step-by-Step Guide to Managing a Business Crisis, who has helped lead and participate in Zoom webinars.
- Airing a special radio spot with deep appreciation to the medical community and empathizes with all suffering with challenges due to COVID-19 and the economic fallout.