Butzel Long forms Digital Asset and Blockchain Specialty Team to meet growing client needsMay 18, 2021
To meet this expanding client need, Butzel Long is one of the first law firms in Michigan to establish a Digital Asset & Blockchain Specialty Team. This multidisciplinary team is comprised of seasoned attorneys with significant experience in distributed ledger technology and diverse backgrounds in intellectual property, litigation and governmental investigations, financial regulation, emerging technology law, cybersecurity and corporate law.
As blockchain and digital assets have gained market acceptance and adoption, Butzel Long helps clients evaluate and maximize new opportunities. The Butzel Long team stays abreast of new and existing regulations, rulings and orders, and keeps track of legal trends and technological developments to help clients anticipate and prepare for any compliance requirements and changes.
The Butzel Long Digital Asset & Blockchain Specialty Team includes:
• William J. Kraus represents individuals and businesses involved in governmental and regulatory investigations, U.S. state and federal litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He concentrates his practice on disputes relating to the financial industry, with a particular focus on legal and regulatory issues related to digital assets and blockchain technology.
• Arthur Dudley II has extensive experience in nearly all aspects of corporate law and has practiced law for more than 40 years. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, representation of emerging growth companies, general corporate representation, securities law and executive compensation.
• Jennifer A. Dukarski focuses her practice at the intersection of technology and communications with an emphasis on emerging and disruptive issues: digital media and content, cybersecurity and privacy, infotainment and shared mobility, connected cars and autonomous vehicles. She assists clients on compliance with various industry regulations, functional safety requirements, and voluntary technical standards.
• Aaron Kamlay has been practicing intellectual property law for more than 15 years. His clients range from beginning startups looking to establish a new technology, to Fortune 100 companies looking to expand their IP portfolios. He specializes in complex prosecution and strategic portfolio management, acquisitions and divestitures of IP, and portfolio creation.
• Claudia Rast is Practice Department Chair of the Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity and Emerging Technology Group. Blending her expertise in law, business, and science, she assists companies in their strategic choice and use of technology. She counsels companies both large and small on innovative and emerging issues in the areas of privacy, cybersecurity, data theft, intellectual property licensing and registration, and the forensic preservation and analysis of electronically stored information.
About Butzel Long
Butzel Long is one of the leading law firms in Michigan and the United States. It was founded in Detroit in 1854 and has provided trusted client service for more than 160 years. Butzel’s full-service law offices are located in Detroit, Bloomfield Hills, Lansing and Ann Arbor, Mich.; New York, NY; and, Washington, D.C., as well as an alliance office in Beijing. It is an active member of Lex Mundi, a global association of 160 independent law firms. Learn more by visiting www.butzel.com or follow Butzel Long on Twitter: https://twitter.com/butzel_long