Legal Strategies for Women Leaders Session: What Happens if My Business Gets Sued?
October 18 @ 9:00 am – 9:30 am
Lawsuits can affect businesses in a variety of ways. Not only can they be time-consuming, they are also disruptive to business operations, can reduce employee morale and be damaging both financially and reputationally.
Despite your best efforts to avoid this scenario, lawsuits can seemingly come out of nowhere. So what do you do should the worst happen and you are served with a lawsuit?
Join us for our next Legal Strategies for Women Leaders session featuring civil litigator Hilary Stafford as she discusses “What happens if my business gets sued?”.
During this session, Hilary will describe the steps that must be taken when receiving a Summons and Complaint along with an overview of what to expect including:
1. What is the first thing you should do if you are served a Summons and Complaint?
2. How long should you wait to act on the lawsuit and what happens if you don’t respond?
3. Should I consult an attorney and what questions should I ask?
4. What can I expect next in the lawsuit process? What documents do I need?
5. How long does the entire process take? Will my case go to trial?
Join the Chamber to expand your customer base while cutting costs.
Plug into best-in-class research, news, and events. Be heard in government. Become a member of the Detroit Regional Chamber.Learn How