Nov. 17 Employment Law Seminar Focusing on Workplace Harassment
November 17 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Dark clouds and ominous lightning paint the sky above Plunkett Cooney’s fictional college nicknamed “Harassment U.” It’s a place where management, faculty, and even students routinely draw penalties for their continued failures to address what amounts to rampant harassment on campus.
During this free, half-day seminar, the employment law attorneys of Plunkett Cooney will journey to the once vibrant college town where HU is located and attempt to end the school’s history of workplace violations. Along the way, they will take your questions and discuss what HU leaders should be doing to clean up their act and come into compliance with an array of state and federal laws.
The topics this session will cover include:
• Application of new EEOC guidance to multiple fact patterns
• Understanding how harassment may persist in a virtual work environment
• Recommendations regarding proper investigation steps and processes for both public and private employers
• Discussions of various basis for employer liability and maximizing available affirmative defenses
• Identifying uncommon forms of harassment and ensuring employees are trained to properly report problematic behavior
• Documenting investigation outcomes and performance problems in the midst of harassment claims.
Join the Chamber to expand your customer base while cutting costs.
Plug into best-in-class research, news, and events. Be heard in government. Become a member of the Detroit Regional Chamber.Learn How