Stimulus Check Alert: Social Security Recipients with Children Must Act Now to Get Extra $500April 21, 2020
Stimulus Check Alert: Social Security Recipients with Children Must Act Now to Get Extra $500. The IRS announced a new deadline for people receiving Social Security benefits who have dependents. Immediate action is required!
When should I use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool?
Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?
U.S. citizens or resident aliens who:
- Have a valid Social Security number,
- Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and
- Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.
Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?
Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Recipients of Veterans Affairs benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
Who should use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?
Eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
- Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
- Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to
You can provide the necessary information to the IRS easily and quickly for no fee through Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info. We will use this information to determine your eligibility and payment amount and send you an Economic Impact Payment. After providing this information you won’t need to take any additional action.