- Youth Recruitment and Matching
- Workplace Readiness
- Youth Support
- Employer Support
Program Overview: Grow Detroit Young Talent
Grow Detroit’s Young Talent (GDYT) is a city-wide summer job and training program that employs young adults between the ages of 14 and 24 for 120 hours. Youth participants are permanent residents of the city of Detroit and have completed an application and registration process to become eligible along with work readiness training.
How the Program Works and Ways to Get Involved
1. Become an Employer Partner by providing an employment opportunity at your designated worksite and sponsor a six-week paid work experience for $1,800 per youth ages 14-24.
- Consider GDYT as the pre-apprenticeship to apprenticeship programs and entry-level employment
- Detroit Employer Solutions Corporation is the employer of record
- Tentative Steps:
- Sign up as an Employer Partner
- For employers that want to refer youth into GDYT, inform youth referrals to apply to GDYT
- Participate in a career fair and interview GDYT youth onsite
- Employer Orientation
- GDYT youth begin
2. Companies are recognized as an Affiliate Partner if they directly hire GDYT-eligible youth (14-24-year-olds that live in Detroit) in the summer.
- Company is the employer of record
- Option to attend a career fair and recruit onsite
3. Participate in virtual job shadow events or career panels to get youth excited about career fields.
4. Share employment opportunities with youth database of 15,000-16,000 applicants.
5. Serve as a mentor to a GDYT participant.
6. Volunteer to support key program components (i.e. career fairs, youth orientations, etc.).
Interested in growing Detroit’s young talent pool? Become a GDYT Partner and help meet the goal of matching 8,000 Detroit youth with meaningful employment and industry-led training opportunities.
To learn more about the program, visit the GDYT website.