Apply by March 31: Afflicted Business Relief Grant ProgramMarch 10, 2022
Who is Eligible?
Businesses that were in operation between Oct. 1, 2019, and June 1, 2020, that fall into the following categories are eligible:
- Entertainment venue
- Recreational facility or public place of amusement
- Cosmetology or barber services
- Exercise facility or gym
- Foodservice establishment
- Nursery Dealer or grower
- Athletic trainer
- Body art facility
- Hotel or bed and breakfast
Find detailed definitions and more information about eligible businesses here. Tax-exempt organizations and government entities are not eligible.
How Much in Grants Will Be Awarded?
Businesses that were in operation on Oct. 1, 2019, may receive a grant based on the percentage decline in year-to-year sales from 2019 to 2020, up to a cap that is the lesser amount of “financial hardship” or $5 million.
Businesses not in operation on Oct. 1, 2019, but started before June 1, 2020, may receive a grant of 25% of their “financial hardship.”
Learn more about grant award criteria here.
How to Apply
To apply, businesses need to complete an online application at Michigan.gov/abr, provide supporting documents, and make a series of certifications. They’ll also have to submit electronically a beneficiary agreement and financial documentation to verify:
- Their decline in Michigan total sales from 2019 to 2020, for businesses that were in operation on Oct. 1, 2019
- Their fixed costs for 2020 for businesses that were not in operation on Oct. 1, 2019, but started before June 1, 2020
Grants will not be based on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, visit www. Michigan.gov/abr.