International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality.
In recognition of this important celebration, the Detroit Regional Chamber and Wellness Works are partnering with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to host a new International Women’s Day event on Wednesday, March 20, aligned with the 2024 theme of #InspireInclusion. Attendees will spend half a day celebrating personal wellness and hearing from women about their career journeys.
This year’s revamped event format presents attendees with a unique wellness experiences:
- Wellness Works will host an Affirmation Station featuring buttons with positive statements of love, kindness, and acceptance. Attendees can select one of these buttons with a message that best resonates with them to wear throughout the event. They will also have the option to enter a raffle to win a self-care basket as attendees discover the benefits of the program.
- Presenting sponsor Community Financial Credit Union will host a seven-point “fincheck” for attendees to uncover their overall financial health and become empowered to take charge of their financial situation.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) will facilitate a grip strength test that serves as an indicator of a participant’s healthy bodily function, along with sharing information on other wellness-related topics.
- Maven, a women’s health-focused program from BCBSM, will educate attendees on the range of resources their program offers through an engaging game of Jenga and providing take-home materials.
- Sponsored by Enbridge, attendees can participate in a “make-and-take” flower bouquet station with Mia’s Flower Truck.
- Hear a conversation among women business leaders moderated by WDIV’s Christy McDonald.
Wednesday, March 20, 2024
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The War Memorial, Grosse Pointe
Chamber Members: $125
Future Members: $200