In 2020, the Detroit Regional Chamber launched the Detroit Regional Talent Compact, an equity-driven initiative to increase the Region’s postsecondary attainment rate to 60% and reduce the racial equity gap by half by 2030. At its launch, 35 statewide and regional partners signed the Compact. Today, the number of signers has increased to 45, with Central Michigan University, Davenport University, Jackson College, Lawrence Technological University, and NAF as the most recent additions.
New Detroit Regional Talent Compact Members:
- Dr. Robert Davies, President, Central Michigan University
- Dr. Richard Pappas, President, Davenport University
- Dr. Daniel J. Phelan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jackson College
- Dr. Tarek Sobh, President, Lawrence Technological University
- Lisa Dughi, Chief Executive Officer, NAF