#MaskUpMichigan ToolkitJuly 9, 2020
Keep Businesses Open – Wear a Mask
The Detroit Regional Chamber is launching the Keep Businesses Open #MaskUpMichigan campaign. As the representatives and advocates for business across the region, there is nothing more important we can do for business than to keep their doors open.
The evidence is convincing. The most effective tool we all have to create the conditions for businesses to remain open is to wear a mask every time we are in public – especially when indoors.
As part of a broader campaign led by the Chamber, we have initiated the #MaskUpMichigan Pledge, encouraging businesses and individuals to commit to wearing a face mask as appropriate.
Take the #MaskUpMIchigan Pledge
Businesses and individuals can take #MaskUpMichigan pledges below. Be sure to share your pledge on social media.
5 Ways to Express Support of #MaskUpMichigan to Keep Business Open
- A video message stating your support of the need for national guidance for mask-wearing and/or face shield use. Also, share how face-covering is important to your business or organization and its employees.
- Share a photo of yourself wearing a face covering and #MaskUpMichigan.
- Revamp the social media avatar used by your company or organization to include a face mask.
- Publicize your pledge to enforce face-covering in your workplace for employees and customers. Remember to use #MaskUpMichigan while sharing your pledge.
- Use an employee testimonial that will clearly tell or show how face-covering can positively impact the employee’s safety while working.
Resources to Promote the #MaskUpMichigan Pledge
If you’ve taken the pledge, use this badge graphic for your website to show you’ve pledged to mask up.
|View and download the badge here.||View and download the badge here.|
Graphics for Digital Promotion
Use this graphic to promote the campaign on your social media to show your support.
|View and download the graphic here.||View and download the graphic here.|
Below are resources to help you or your organization share your message on social media.
- Use #MaskUpMichigan.
- Tag @detroitchamber.
- Add a photo of you wearing your mask.
- Ask others to take the pledge: www.detroitchamber.com/covid19/mask-up-michigan/
- I am taking the @detroitchamber #MaskUpMichigan pledge to keep businesses open. Take the pledge: www.detroitchamber.com/covid19/mask-up-michigan/
- It’s time to ensure businesses stay open. #MaskUpMichigan. Take the pledge: www.detroitchamber.com/covid19/mask-up-michigan/
- I am wearing a mask for [business name] #MaskUpMichigan
- Business recovery depends on health and human safety in our unified fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. #MaskUpMichigan.
- Despite recent business re-openings, many people remain hesitant to venture out due to COVID-19 worries. Face coverings will be key to boosting consumer confidence. #MaskUpMichigan
- Keeping the economy open aligns with collective mitigation of COVID-19. #MaskUpMichigan
- Wearing a face covering is important to protect the safety of my employees and customers as the COVID-19 pandemic persists. #MaskUpMichigan
Subject: We’re Taking the #MaskUpMichigan Pledge
Our team is committed to keeping business open, and your health and safety as well as that of our customers. To that end, we’ve taken the Detroit Regional Chamber’s #MaskUpMichigan pledge to keep our business open. This pledge entails the enforcement of face-covering, by a face mask or shield, by our team and customers in our space.
This simple precaution will help protect us, our families, and the business community from the impacts of COVID-19. Further, it will help keep ours and our fellow businesses open to ensure the continued reopening and recovery progress we’ve been working toward.
Take the pledge at www.detroitchamber.com/covid19/mask-up-michigan/
We hope you will join us.
Subject: Looking Out for You: Taking the #MaskUpMichigan Pledge
We’re proud to share that [our team/company name] has taken the Detroit Regional Chamber’s #MaskUpMichigan pledge to keep our business open. Taking the pledge means we will be enforcing face-covering, by a face mask or shield, by our employees and patrons.
This affirms our commitment to keeping you, our valued customers, safe and healthy so that we can remain open and continue serving you and our community. We hope you’ll join us in taking this simple precaution to ensure the reopening and recovery progress we’ve all been working toward. Take the pledge at www.detroitchamber.com/covid19/mask-up-michigan/
Thank you for your participation and understanding.
#MaskUpMichigan Talking Points
- Mask up to: Keep business open. Support your local lunch spot, car dealership, or coffee shop.
- As the representatives and advocates for business across the region, there is nothing more important we can do for business than to keep their doors open.
- To stop the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan, it is critical that everyone does their part and masks up in public spaces.
- Michigan reported its highest single-day count of COVID-19 cases in seven weeks on July 8, 2020.
- Until COVID-19 is under control, businesses and their customers will struggle; governments will have little choice to impose restrictions and customers will continue to hesitate to venture into the economy, and ultimately the economy and employment will suffer.
- As public health experts have recommended, the most effective step society can take to stem the tide of the virus is to wear a face mask anytime and every time we are in public – especially when indoors.
- Mask face coverings or face shields are recommended by medical and public health experts as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face-covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. It’s even more effective when two or more people are wearing masks.