Join the U.S. Travel Association on Sept. 5 for a Travel Works for America special event and reception in Detroit. During the afternoon event, leaders from U.S. Travel, Visit Detroit, and Michigan Economic Development, along with elected officials and local business leaders, will speak to the importance of travel to the local economy and workforce, its impact on the business community, and the industry’s contributions to powering mobility and innovation.
After the special event, join the U.S. Travel Association for a reception at Huntington Place to toast how travel works for Detroit and the state of Michigan.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- The Honorable Debbie Dingell, United States Congresswoman
- Geoff Freeman, President and Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Travel Association
- Dennis W. Archer Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, sixteen42 ventures
- Neil Barclay, President and Chief Executive Officer, Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Tori Barnes, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs and Policy, U.S. Travel Association
- Todd Bettison, Deputy Mayor, City of Detroit
- Dave Lorenz, Vice President, Travel Michigan
- Claude Molinari, President and Chief Executive Officer, Visit Detroit
- Joe Tate, Michigan Speaker of the House
2 – 4 p.m.
Travel Works for Detroit Special Event
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
315 E Warren Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Travel Works for Detroit Reception
Huntington Place, Room: Ballroom B Prefunction
1 Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48266