The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) recently unveiled a new resource for Michigan businesses, the Employment Help Center. The Employer Help Center is a one-stop online toolkit that uses plain language and clean design to answer employer questions and explain UIA programs.
The UIA also announced that Employer Seminars are scheduled for the following dates:
- March 13
- May 15
- July 10
- Sept. 18
- Nov. 13
To register for the seminars, visit the Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity’s website.
Learn more about the new Employer Help Center in the release below.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA)
Feb. 5, 2024
An innovative resource that provides answers to employers on unemployment tax and claim issues is now available from the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). The new Employer Help Center is a one-stop online toolkit that uses plain language and clean design to answer employer questions and explain UIA programs.
Employers can access the new resource at Michigan.gov/UIAEmployerHelpCenter.
There are six categories in the Employer Help Center that empower employers to easily navigate UIA resources:
- Register Your Business: Also, how to authorize an account with UIA.
- Manage Employee Claims: How to handle disputes, fraud, and appeals.
- Submit Reports and Payments: How to keep up with tax rates, quarterly reporting, and payments.
- Manage Account Settings: Set notifications, update business info, and add users.
- Explore FAQs and Resources: Answers to common questions, helpful definitions, forms, and instructional resources.
- Contact UIA: Contact the Office of Employer Ombudsman (OEO) and other areas within UIA to address problems.
Individual sections feature a left-hand navigation menu of related topic areas so users can easily find the information they need. There also is a handy search function.
The Employer Help Center was developed in partnership with Civilla, a Detroit nonprofit design studio, along with input from the business community. UIA’s partnership with Civilla also resulted in the UIA Claimant Roadmap, a six-step resource guide that uses simple language to explain how to apply for and understand unemployment benefits. Since its launch in Aug. 2023, the UIA Claimant Roadmap is the most-popular resource on the UIA’s website, with more than 336,000 views. It can be found at Michigan.gov/UIAClaimantRoadmap.