Print Friendly and PDF

Dalton & Tomich, PLC moves to Detroit

The Bloomfield Hills-based law firm of Dalton & Tomich has relocated to downtown Detroit and the storied Chrysler House, formerly the Dime Building. The announcement was made by firm principals Dan Dalton and Zana Tomich.

Dalton & Tomich’s new address is: 719 Griswold Street, Suite 270, Detroit, MI 48226.

Dalton & Tomich’s new offices are located in the building’s Mezzanine level and will serve as home base for the firm’s team. Chrysler House is owned by Dan Gilbert’s Rock Ventures. Designed in the Neo-Classical style by architect and urban planner Daniel Burnham, the former Dime Building first opened in 1912.

“We are dedicated to bringing our legal and business expertise to the entrepreneurs and investors who are driving Detroit’s resurgence,” said Dalton. “We look forward to playing a tangible role and contributing to all that is happening in our great city.”

The principals of Dalton & Tomich have been consistently and nationally recognized among the industry’s finest, including being named as a “2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™; recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers in the area of land use and zoning, and business and corporate law; a “Top Lawyer” by dBusiness since 2009; and one of the top 25 “Leaders in the Law” in the State of Michigan in 2010.

The firm has won landmark land use and zoning cases for clients across the country, including several precedent-setting decisions on behalf of religious organizations under the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act, commonly known as RLUIPA, in California, Illinois, Michigan, Texas and Pennsylvania. In 2012, Dalton Tomich secured a $1.1 milion verdict on behalf of the Academy of Our Lady of Peace in San Diego, the largest RLUIPA trial verdict ever in federal court.