UI 101 COVID-19: Unemployment Insurance AgencyApril 13, 2020
HOW DO I FILE A CLAIM?
- Online at michigan.gov/uia using the MiWAM portal
- By phone 1-866-500-0017 Option 1 “to inquire about and to file a claim”
WHAT DO I NEED TO FILE?
- Social Security number
- Employment information for the past 18 months: employer name and address, first/last day worked/ gross earnings
- Your address, phone number, date of birth
- Non-Citizens Alien registration and the expiration date of your work authorization card
- Driver’s License or State ID
How do I get paid?
- In order to get paid, EVERY TWO WEEKS you must report (certify) that you are still unemployed by answering some questions.
How do I report?
- Online 24/7 through your MiWAM account.
- Phone MARVIN (1-866-638-3993) Monday-Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Payment posts within 2-3 business days from the date you report. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not considered a business day.
There are two options for payment
- Direct deposit through your bank or credit union – You will need your routing number and account number
- UIA Bank of America debit card
QUESTIONS ON YOUR CLAIM?
- Visit michigan.gov/uia for tools and resources
- Access your MIWAM account 24/7
- Chat with an agent M-F, 8 am to 6 pm or
- Call our Customer Service line at 866-500-0017, M-F, 8 am to 6 pm. TTY service is available at 866-366-0004